Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Post Holiday bleh

Here we are already December 3rd and as we try to recover from an amazing Thanksgiving, before you know it ITS CHRISTMAS!

For us its a little more complicated. We have our little Kayla's birthday on December 16th, then we have Christmas and on January 5th our biggest little Khalese will be turning 10! Aside from these normal events that we have yearly lol, we've thrown in the mix my family's annual Prima's (Cousins) Christmas Party, happening this Saturday & Im also planning my best friends baby shower which is scheduled for the 21st!
Let me say that overwhelmed doesnt even begin to describe what Im feeling. Dont get me wrong I love planning parties, I think the fact that they are happening back to back and all around Christmas thats whats getting to me.

Christmas in our household is the BEST TIME of the year! Once Thanksgiving hits it just always feels like complete happiness,cozy,lovey family time & I absolutely love that! The Sunday after Thanksgiving our little tree goes up with all our random ornaments. Then December 1st our little Elf Pixie joins us in the Christmas fun and the kids love her! This time of year is full of traditions I never had as a kid and to be able to create some with my family means everything to me.

Every year, we take the kids to Target to pick out a new ornament for themselves. Or we make one! Our littles love going thru their random ornaments from years passed and its cute to see them laugh and just love it! We've also been doing Elf on The Shelf for 3 years! We used to have Red Fred but during our move to Alexandria I some how misplaced him so when I went to get a new little guy I ended up with a gal...who we explained was Red Freds wife Pixie!The littles loveeeeeed the thought that Fred was married and had gotten promoted to work at the toy factory with Santa :) We also have Santa send them a video message every year. It all sounds like we like to torture them, we really dont lol we like the enjoyment of seeing them really pull it together to get on the Nice list!

I love this time of year but now this girls gotta pull it together to get all these events to go off with a hitch!

I have a lot of pics to post and a few projects Ive been working on so Ill be back soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment